GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions will apply to the Customers who accept our terms during the account opening process and signing up with the Digitt+ Application.
- General and Scope
- These terms and conditions set out the terms of the provision of services by the Company to you, including the use of the Digitt+ Account and the execution of payment transactions relating thereto. Before you can use Digitt+ services you are required to:
- read these terms and conditions, confirm the accuracy of the provided information and confirm your agreement with these terms and conditions by creating an Digitt+ Account and using the Digitt+ Application; and
- provide us with such documentation information required to comply with the regulatory obligation.
- Once you have completed the process for creation of the Digitt+ Account, all functionalities of the Digitt+ Application will be made available to you.
- You confirm that you have provided correct, true and up to date information and documents during the onboarding process of subscribing to the Digitt+ Application.
- You undertake that, if your details change, you will notify us immediately. You shall bear any losses that occur due to the submission of invalid, inaccurate or outdated information and documents.
1.5 Together with any [policies], these Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement between you and the Company. You are advised to print or download and keep a copy of the Terms and Conditions for future reference.
2.1 Various terms used in these Terms and Conditions have a defined meaning as follows:
“Digitt+ Account” means your relationship established with the Company vide the account to be established / created by you for the purposes of availing the services being offered by the Company vide the AFT Application.
“Digitt+ Application” means the mobile application owned or licensed by the Company.
“Applicable Laws” means means any law, legislation, statute, ordinance, code, order, decree, directive, judgement, decision, injunction, license, permit, approval of any authority, regulations, rule, and judicial interpretation thereof, and any interpretation of or determination in respect of any of the foregoing, by any authority having jurisdiction over the matter in question and binding on a given person.
“Company” means Akhtar Fuiou Technologies (Private) Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Islamic Republic of Pakistan bearing company universal identification number of 0161010 and having its registered office at Suite 601, High Q Tower, Gulberg V Jail Road, Lahore, Pakistan.
“EMI” means the Electronic Money Institution as defined under the EMI Regulations.
“EMI Regulations” means the regulatory framework for EMIs, communicated by SBP via PSD Circular No. 1 of 2019, dated April 1, 2019, titled “Electronic Money Institutions Regulations (EMIs).”
“E-Money” shall have the meaning ascribed to the term under the EMI Regulations.
“Helpline” means the helpline set up by the Company designated to the AFT Application to deal with matters and errors pertaining to the AFT Application.
“NADRA” means the National Database and Registration Authority.
“Pilot Phase” means the pilot phase of the Company whereby the Company is allowed to commence pilot operations under the EMI Regulations.
“Payment Services” means (i) to add money to the Digitt+ Account either through [a cash deposit with the designated arrangement between the Company and bank, or through internet banking by selecting the bank transfer option with your personal bank account; and (ii) to make payments using the Digitt+ Account which shall include top-up purchases, bill payments, payments to merchants registered with Digitt+ Application, retain network payments and online transfers either to other users of the Digitt+ Application or other bank account holders.
“SBP” means the State Bank of Pakistan.
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions agreed by you, for the Pilot Phase of operations, in respect of the Digitt+ Application.
“Website” means Akhtar Fuiou Technologies’ website (https://aft.com.pk/ )
- The Digitt+ Application
- The Digitt+ Application (pilot version) is the Company’s mobile application for the purposes providing you with services of an EMI being offered by the Company.
- The Digitt++ Application is undergoing its pilot operations and accordingly has issued these Terms and Conditions to be applicable only during the Pilot Phase.
- Through the Digitt+ Application you can, subject to certain conditions do the following:
- Interbank funds transfer
- Mobile top-up
- Bill Payment
- Order Debit Card
- Wallet to wallet transfer
- Customer Registration and Digitt+ Account
- You can create your Digitt+ Account by downloading the Digitt+ Application on your mobile phone [or accessing the Digitt+ Application via the Website] and register for an Digitt+
For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that you may only create an Digitt+ Account provided that such details as required by the SBP in line with the EMI Regulations are provided.
- In order to get registered, you must:
- be a Pakistani national of 18+ years of age;
- have a valid computerized national identity card (“CNIC”) / Smart National Identity card.
- Not have nationality of any other Country.
- have a copy of the CNIC/NICOP at the time of registration and/or [provide a thumb impression for biometric verification]
- have a registered mobile number with any telecommunication service provider in Pakistan registered in your name against your CNIC / NICOP (“Mobile Number”);
- provide details including residential address, place of birth, mother’s name or such details as may be required by the Digitt+ Application at the time of registration;
- provide a live digital photograph of yourself;
- comply with such other criteria as may be required by any amendments to the EMI Regulations; and
- accept these Terms and Conditions governing the use of the services offered via the Digitt+ Application.
- With respect to the Mobile Number, you must ensure, that at the time of registration for your Digitt+ Account, such number is active and valid against a biometric verified SIM issued by any telecom service provider which has to be registered with the Digitt+ Account in order to use certain facilities which form part of the services provided vide the Digitt+ Application and which involve the use of mobile phones by you to undertake transactions.
- At the time of registration for your Digitt+ Account, you must undertake that the information provided by the you shall be correct and accurate and may be used for retrieving passwords and/or verifying credentials when you call the Helpline. In case you subsequently notice an error in the information provided, you shall immediately inform the Company through the Helpline so as to allow the Company to correct the error.
- Upon provision of details by you as required by these Terms and Conditions, the Company shall proceed with verifying the details with NADRA. The type of authentication undertaken in respect of the information provided shall determine the monthly load limits provided for you in your Digitt+ Account. The monthly load limit that may be issued is PKR 50,000/- (Pak Rupees Fifty Thousand) on CNIC verification from NADRA and PKR 200,000/- (Pak Rupees Two Hundred Thousand) on biometric verification from NADRA and Daily Cash withdrawal limit is PKR 10,000/- (Pak Ten Thousand) on CNIC and Bio metric Verification
- The Company at its sole discretion may accept or reject request for registration on the Digitt+ Application. In case your request is accepted for availing the services, The Company will open the Digitt+ Account in your name (as provided on your CNIC).
- Only one Digitt+ Account will be opened per CNIC number and Mobile Number. Upon the completion of the prerequisites and for registration completion of the Digitt+ Account, you shall receive a 4 (four) digit one time password (OTP) on the Mobile Number provided for registration and thereafter you shall initiate access to your Digitt+ Account using the OTP and select a 5 (five) digit passcode to be used to access your Digitt+ Account.
- Your Digitt+ Account
- Your Digitt+ Account acts as your deposit account which enables you to use the services being offered by the Company and holds your E-Money and enables you to use the Payment Services.
- Your Digitt+ Account will be a Pakistani Rupee denominated account and this will remain the currency of your Digitt+ Account for the entire tenor of your agreement with the Company.
- You understand and agree that the E-Money held in your Digitt+ Account does not earn any interest, or mark up or any other form of profit or return.
- The E-Money in the Digitt+ Account belongs to the person or legal entity which is registered as the Digitt+ Account holder. No person other than the Digitt+ Account holder has any rights in relation to the E-Money held in a Digitt+ Account, except as required under Applicable Laws. You may not assign or transfer your Digitt+ Account to a third party or otherwise grant any third party a legal or equitable interest over it.
- The provision of the services provided by the Digitt+ Application is subject to all applicable charges and taxes and any fee or other amounts payable by you to us shall be deducted/offset from the balance in your Digitt+ Account. If the Digitt+ Account balance is insufficient, we reserve the right to invoice you for any shortfall and/or restrict the provision of any or all of the services.
- By opening a Digitt+ Account you represent and warrant to us that your opening of a Digitt+ Account does not violate any Applicable Laws are applicable to you.
- Maintaining and using your Digitt+ Account
- Once you have registered with the Company through the Digitt+ Application, you may proceed to use the Payment Services.
- You must ensure that the information provided on your Digitt+ Account is always accurate and up to date.
- You must notify us immediately after becoming aware of any unauthorised transaction carried under your Digitt+ Account and in any event no later than [24 hours after the date of such transaction.
- Closing your Digitt+ Account
- The Company may terminate your Digitt+ Account in accordance with laws and regulations If your Digitt+ Account holds a balance at the time of its termination, the Digitt+ Application will ask you to withdraw your funds within a reasonable period of time, during which your Digitt+ Account will be accessible for the purpose of withdrawing the remaining balance only. You will not be able to close your account balance is not nill.
- In the event of your death, transactions shall continue to be debited to your Digitt+ Account till such time that the Company is informed in writing about your death. Upon receiving such notice, the Company will block any fresh transactions carried out from the date of receipt of the notice. All transactions authorised through your password, PIN, and other security credentials, before receipt of notice of your death, shall be debited to your Digitt+ Account accordingly. Subject to exercise of any remedy available to the Company, in its sole discretion, in the event of your death, custody of the funds presents in your Digitt+ Account shall only be handed to your successors-in-interest upon receipt of a succession certificate issued in accordance with Applicable Laws.
You may access your transaction history for a period of 10 (ten) years after the closure of your Digitt+ Account by contacting the Helpline and requesting the information. Your obligations with regards to keeping your Digitt+ Account safe as set forth in Condition 8 of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply.
- The Company reserves the right to carry out any necessary action against money laundering, terrorism financing, fraud or other illegal activity checks before authorising any withdrawal of your funds, including in relation to returning any funds to you after you have closed your Digitt+ Account.
- Privacy and Security
- The Digitt+ Application uses features to help protect the security of your Digitt+ Account. As part of the registration process, you will be required to set your password and personal identification number (PIN). The security of the PIN or any passwords must not be endangered or compromised by choosing a PIN/passcode that can be easily guessed.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally undertake to ensure that the PIN and other confidential information are kept confidential and not to let any other person have access to your mobile handset and the login PIN. You further understand that any such access or sharing of information may result in unauthorized use of the service provided under the Digitt+ Application and loss of your funds credited in the Digitt+ Account.
- If at any time you suspect that your Digitt+ Account has been accessed without your knowledge or consent, or that your PIN has been fraudulently used, you shall forthwith contact the Helpline to block the Digitt+ Account. You will be responsible for any loss caused to you before the Digitt+ Account is blocked, if the same occurred due to your own negligence.
- The Company shall not be liable if anyone gets access to your PIN and/or SIM/mobile number and you fail to inform the Company. The transactions received in this regard are deemed authorized and will be considered legitimate and acted upon by the Company. The Company shall not accept any liability, in this regard, and shall not be liable for any claim and compensation raised by you.
- You understand that the Company will never ask for your login PINs and that you shall not share your PIN and/or pass code with anyone, including the Company’s staff, other agents under any circumstances. You further understand that no request for information shall be made via or any other social media application.
- Loading and Withdrawal E-Money
9.1 You can load E-Money to your Digitt+ Account through inter-bank fund transfers, over-the-counter of bank (Bank Alfalah), Wallet to wallet transfer, Bank Account linking and through debit cards issued by banks and financial institutions.
9.2 We do not guarantee the availability of any particular load method (as mentioned above) and may make changes to or discontinue the acceptance of any particular load method at our sole discretion and/or in compliance with Applicable Laws.
9.3 E-Money will be credited to your Digitt+ Account after the corresponding Pakistan Rupees have been received by us or on behalf of you by our relevant bank.
9.4 You can request a withdrawal for all, or part, of the E-Money held in your Digitt+ Account at any time through the automated teller machines (ATM).
9.5 We do not guarantee the availability of any particular load method or withdrawal method and may, at our sole discretion, make changes to or discontinue a particular load method or withdrawal method, at our sole discretion, at any time without providing you with any notice.
- Prohibited transactions
- It is strictly prohibited to use the Payment Services and the Digitt+ Account in connection with the sale or supply of: drugs, weapons, gambling, pornography, adult materials, material that incites violence, obscenity, racism, hatred, counterfeit items.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion to add categories of prohibited transactions by such categories either to these Terms and Condition or by notifying them to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
11.1 Your Digitt+ Account is subject to load, payment, and withdrawal limits. You can view your limits at any time in your profile on the Digitt+ Account. Before loading any funds into your Digitt+ Account or availing any Payment Services, you must ensure that you do not exceed the aforementioned limits.
- Partner Institutions
- You agree that we rely on third party partner institutions, who may be regulated entities, to provide the Payment Services.
- You agree and acknowledge that a contractual relationship exists between you and such third-party partner institution. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions governing such features, conditions, limit, charges arising from the same which can impact your use of the Payment Services
- Transaction Fee
- The fees for the use of the services by you shall be as per the schedule of charges (the “SOC”) available on the Website and the Digitt+ Application. By using the services of the Digitt+ Application, you authorize the Digitt+ Application to debit your Digitt+ Application with the fees and all applicable charges as per the SOC and government levy or tax that is in force and applicable at the time of the transaction, automatically whether or not communicated to you. Transfer fees will be applicable as mentioned in SOC.
- In case the Digitt+ Application is unable to debit the fees for the services, it reserves the right to temporarily suspend the Digitt+ Application, restrict authorizations of future transactions and request you to promptly make the requisite funds available in the Digitt+ Application. If sufficient funds are not available in Digitt+ Application, then the Company may terminate the services of the Digitt+ Application until recovery of the said fees and/or other applicable charges. If there are any fees and/or other applicable charges still unpaid by you after termination, then you shall be liable for the full outstanding amount owed to the Digitt+ Application and the Company reserves the right to recover any unpaid fees and /or other applicable charges from your Digitt+ Application as soon as funds are added to the Digitt+ Application by you.
- Data and Information
- You accept that all the information provided by you can be stored for audit purposes and could also be shared with the service providers / partner institutions of the Digitt+ Application. You also accept that the device information for Digitt+ Application (i.e. IMEI number etc.) shall also be stored by the Digitt+ Application and the Company for record purposes.
- You further authorize the Digitt+ Application and the Company to share the data with its service providers for log management and marketing campaigns and the SBP for audit purposes (if required). Digitt+ Application and the Company is hereby further authorized to use your instructions, correspondences and any other data provided as evidence in the relevant court of law in case of any dispute, fraud, loss, liability or litigation.
- Intellectual Property
- We own all the intellectual property in, and relating to, the Digitt+ Application and the Website. You must not use our intellectual property as your own, except to enjoy the Digitt+ Application in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You also must not reverse-engineer any part of the Digitt+ Application.
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
- In no case shall we be liable to you for any losses, costs, and damages attributable to or arising out of:
- your failure to keep your Digitt+ Account password, PIN, or other personalised security features of your Digitt+ Account safe in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- if you fail to notify us without undue delay of any loss / theft/unauthorised use of your password, PIN or other event that could reasonably be expected to have compromised the security of your Digitt+ Account after you have gained knowledge of such event;
- if the Transaction was unauthorised but you have acted fraudulently or compromised the security of your Digitt+ Account with intent or gross negligence;
- if you fail to dispute and bring the unauthorised or incorrectly executed transaction to our attention within 10 (ten) years from the date of the transaction;
- issues relating to the delivery, quality, quantity or use of any products or services offered, provided or sold by vendors/merchants on the Digitt+ Application, or any dispute between you and the merchant;
- any taxes, duties or other charges that arise from your use of the Digitt+ Account or the Payment Services; provided in these Terms and Conditions;
- any disruption or impairment of our services or for disruptions or impairments of intermediary services on which we rely for the performance of our obligations hereunder, including but not limited to any act or omission by any partner institution, the trustee, affiliate or third-party agent or service provider;
- your failure to comply with your obligations and responsibilities under these Terms and Conditions and, to the extent applicable, the policies of Digitt+
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, you are asked to check the transactions history of your Digitt+ Account regularly and frequently, and to file a dispute in-app and/or contact Helpline immediately in case you have any questions or concerns.
- In the case of any incorrect or misdirected payment, we shall take reasonable measures to assist you with tracing and recovering such payments.
- We shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business and loss of reputation. We shall not be liable for any losses arising from our compliance with Applicable Laws.
- You agree to hold, defend, reimburse or compensate us and hold us and other companies in our corporate group harmless from any claim, demand, expenses or costs (including legal fees, fines or penalties) that we incur or suffer due to or arising out of your or your agents’: (i) breach of these Terms and Conditions; (ii) breach of Applicable Laws; (iii) violation of any of the policies; or (iv) infringement of our intellectual property rights. This provision shall survive termination of the relationship between you and us.
- We may terminate your Digitt+ Account by giving you 24 (twenty-four) hours prior notice. You may terminate your Digitt+ Account at any time. Please note that Term 7 will apply to closure of your Digitt+ Account.
- We may: (i) terminate; (ii) temporarily suspend; and/or (iii) temporarily limit the functionality of, your Digitt+ Account, without notice, if:
- required by the order of a competent authority or in compliance with Applicable Laws (including those pertaining to AML/CFT/KYC/CDD);
- you breach any condition of these Terms and Conditions;
- we reasonably suspect that an unauthorised or fraudulent use of your Digitt+ Account has occurred or that any of its security features have been compromised;
- you violate or we have reason to believe that you are in violation of Applicable Laws; or
- we have reason to believe that you are in any way involved in any fraudulent activity, money laundering, terrorism financing or other criminal activity.
- Amendments to the Terms and Conditions
- The Terms and Condition [policies] are subject to change and may be amended unilaterally by us in particular in the event of changes in law, market practices and market conditions. Any changes will be implemented with notification from us, whereby will shall issue a notice to you of any proposed change and these changes will be deemed to have been accepted and shall come into effect immediately upon delivery of the notice to you.
- Communication /Notice
- You agree and consent to the electronic receipt of all communications that we provide in connection with the Digitt+ Application, your Digitt+ Account and the Payment Services. We will provide communications to you by messaging function of the Digitt+ Application and by emailing them to you at the primary email address listed in your Digitt+ Account.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you log onto the Digitt+ Application regularly and regularly review the Digitt+ Application and your primary email address and open and review communications that we deliver to you through those means. You are obligated to review your notices and activity, and to promptly report any questions, apparent errors, or unauthorised transactions. Failure to contact us in a timely manner may result in loss of funds or important rights.
- We may contact you from time to time to notify you of changes or information regarding your Digitt+ Account. It is your responsibility to ensure you regularly check the Digitt+ Application and that your contact information stored on your profile in the Digitt+ Application is up to date. You may contact us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions via any social media channel mentioned above.
- Any communication / information required from you under these Terms and Conditions may be routed us through via the following means:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our Helpline;
- Contact form available on the Website;
- Through the Digitt+ Application.
- Complaints and Disputes
20.1 Any complaints about us or the services provided by the Company via the Digitt+ Application should be addressed to us in the first instance by contacting the Helpline. You should clearly indicate that you wish to make a complaint to or file a dispute with us. This helps us to distinguish complaints and disputes from mere queries. We send you a complaint or dispute filing acknowledgment within 48 hours of receiving your complaint or dispute in accordance with our protocol to handle such complains / disputes. You may access a copy of our protocol to handle such complains / disputes at any time from the Digitt+ Account / Digitt+ Application or by contacting the Helpline.
- Your Digitt+ Account is operated in Pakistan and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Any dispute under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in connection with your Digitt+ Account shall be brought exclusively in the courts of Lahore
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable under Applicable Laws then such part shall be severed from the remainder of the Terms and Conditions, which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Laws.
Complaint Management Policy:-
Once the Complaint has been logged into the Complaint Management System through any available complaint logging channel the same will be assigned to the respective Department/Function/Unit. The Customer Complaint Management Unit will later be responsible for overall journey of the complaint management process till the resolution/closure of the complaints.
The Complaint Management Unit will send an acknowledgement of the complaint to the Customer within 24 working hours of receipt of the complaint containing the following information:
- System Generated Complaint Tracking Number
- Contact details for follow-up on Complaint Tracking
An automated system-generated Complaint Acknowledgement SMS will be sent to the complainant on the provided number immediately after lodgment of the complaint, however, in addition to this the Customer Complaint Management Unit may decide to choose any of the following mediums for acknowledging customer complaint:
- SMS: SMS may be sent through the SMS Gateway portal to the complainant on the provided contact number to acknowledge the complaint as per the complaint acknowledgement policy.
- Letter: A letter on the Digitt+ official stationery may be sent through a renowned courier company or Pakistan Post to the provided mailing address of the complainant to acknowledge the complaint as per complaint acknowledgement policy.
- Email: An email may be sent through Digitt+ Official email ID on the provided email ID of the complainant to acknowledge the complaint as per complaint acknowledgement policy.
- Recorded Line: The acknowledgement of complaint as per the Customer Complaint Management Unit Policy can also be done through Digitt+ Call Centre Outbound Recorded call as per the Call Centre SOP.
Shipping Policy: –
- Service Provider will offer complete delivery of courier services in Pakistan within 24 hours.
- The Service Provider shall make three attempts to deliver the card within the same payment of a single attempt to deliver the card.
- At the entire responsibility of the Service Provider, the Service Provider will call the customer on and before each delivery attempt on the designated phone number of the customer provided and send an SMS to the customer during each attempt of delivery.
- Service Provider also provides the complete online tracking solution which includes Booking of shipment, real-time tracking visibility until delivered to the customer and return card handling.
- In case of loss of shipment courier company will be charged the full price of the card. Further, in case of loss or theft, the service provider will inform AFT within 48 hours of such incident.